Wednesday, August 07, 2013

When Politics Hits Too Close To Home

You know where I live? Woodland Hills. You know who was visiting last night? President Obama.

I think he's swell, is doing an incredible job considering that his opposition sabotages him and brags about it, but that's different than liking the apparatus that had to go around with him. As long as he's an abstract concept that symbolizes a force for good, more power to him. But once he and the entourage are clogging up the roads just five miles from me, that's when I get annoyed.

Not in MY backyard!

Having said that, I had absolutely no reason to leave the house last night, so the visit didn't directly effect me at all. But I got phone calls from my financial advisor complaining about how difficult it was to get into her office, so there's that.  Go away, presidential apparatus, and leave us common folk alone!

I wonder if it it does any good, putting a hashtag in a blog? #firstworldproblems

No comments: