Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Politics Is Uninteresting Because It's All Over Next Week Anyway

These people with their fiscal cliff talks and plans for the coming year - come on now! Anybody who is paying attention knows that 9 days from now, the world ends! It ends before the current misbegotten session of Congress does! No matter what you're up to, the catch phrase that covers it: THERE AIN'T NO FUTURE IN THAT.

With that in mind, I just bought a refrigerator on credit. It delivers to my place on the 19th, and the first payment is due (haha) next month, as if there were such a thing. For two glorious days I can enjoy perfectly chilled food and significant energy savings, and then bang, aloha, I don't have to worry about it any more.

Actually it is kinda interesting to watch politics. The Republicans are arguing that they must be allowed to completely rewrite 50 years of law by the end of the year or they will take us over a fiscal cliff. Tall order, Republicans! You're bluffing of course. You'll probably say you just started on the 18th and were totally planning to be finished by December 30th.

I should talk. I promised to visit my Mom on Christmas.

No comments: