Wednesday, June 09, 2010

I Have Seen The Future, and It's All Blurry

Primaries don't mean much. Honestly, you can try to read trends out of them but most likely, you'll be taking as wild a guess as you'd be if there weren't any primary. Case in point, yesterday. Jay Newton-Small points out that yesterday's "dirty dozen" primaries was supposed to prove the case that we Americans despise incumbents, but in fact we elected a lot of 'em.

Something I'm happy about - the Tea-Party-endorsed candidate won in Nevada, which means Harry Reid will be running against a probably unelectable opponent. Probably. And understand, I'm not thrilled with Harry Reid but, you know, Tea Party? Come on.

Here in California we have choice for Governer between Republican Meg Whitman (former eBay CEO) and Democrat Jerry Brown (former Governer) and as of now, I'm for Whitman. I dig eBay and Jerry Brown is just too weird. Presumably I have just blown the minds of my long-time readers.

No comments: