Thursday, September 17, 2009

More Non-Racism: The Real Racists

Michael Steele is currently on the I-know-you-are-but-what-am-I tour in response to Jimmy Carter's remark earlier this week, “I think an overwhelming portion of the intensely demonstrated animosity toward President Barack Obama is based on the fact that he is a black man, that he’s African-American.”

Proud Americans, black and white, fought for too long and too hard to have the claim of racism be used in such a cavalier fashion. Blind charges of racism, where none exist, not only are an affront to those who have suffered the effects of racism, but it weakens our efforts to address true acts of racism and makes them more difficult to overcome.
Michael Steele, writing for Politico

You know, I’m looking at cities around the country where black folk live. Now, you showed me the Congress with all these wonderful black Democrats and white Democrats. But I go to black neighborhoods that are run by those same Democrats. And you tell me where racism really exists.
Steele, on CNN

So, okay, it's the black people who are racist. What I'm wondering is, what makes them that way? Is that just something they're born with? Is it a character flaw that black people have?

No comments: