Friday, May 19, 2006

Why I Love BOINGO, The Final Oingo Boingo Album

"I like my stupid life, just the way it is."

"I've never been lost like this, but I wouldn't be happy anywhere else"

"Let's drink a toast to those clever bombs and the men who built them."

"My only love is the love of oblivion, in a dark room"

"A million years of evolution, we get Danny Quayle"

"Yellow matter custard, dripping from a dead dog's eye" (okay, that one is a cover)

"All those damn kids drive me crazy every day"

"Nothing ventured, nothing gained: evolution's cruelest joke."

Add to this the exquisite production values, Elfman's emotional range and the way he can go from Mickey Dolenz to Alice Cooper in the same sentence. And most importantly, it's the SINCERE Oingo Boingo album, honest and twisted. 1993. Check it out. Buy two copies.

No comments: