Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Kat On A Hot Tin Roof

The very first words I heard when I woke up today were "Katherine Harris has won the Florida Republican primary." Because I was disoriented my first thought was oh no, it's finally happening - they don't care about plausible election stealing any more.
But I've had coffee now and a chance to calm down, and I'm feeling pretty good. First there is a good possibility that she won fairly. After all, we elected Arnold S. for his entertainment value, and Ms. Harris is nothing if not a good show. I had heard she was polling badly, but that may have been against the Democratic challenger, not the Republican.
On the other hand, if she did fix the election, that's great too. Because her side wanted her out! Now she has a couple more months to make Republicans look even worse! Wonkette is sitting in the catbird seat. Between her and Santorum and the President, it should be a cakewalk to clear the entire senate and congress of all Republicans.
HA!
Democrats will still find a way to screw this up. I bet nothing changes in the balance of power this November. I wish I could say otherwise but based on the previous ten years there is obviously something fundamentally wrong in this country and it's gonna get worse before it gets better. I'm movin' to France, everybody! Who's with me?

No comments: