Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Hidden Beauty: Local Boys Make Good

I swear I was gonna keep off this story, but there's a local angle. You always play the local angle!


Mitt Romney, who threw himself onto the John Edwards Haircut bandwagon at breakneck speeds as it careened past him, has been revealed to have used the services of Hidden Beauty, a “a mobile beauty team for hair, makeup and men’s grooming and spa services.” He got two sessions at $150 a pop. I bet it was when he was doing those debates at the Regan Library, which is about a 20 minute drive from here.

The company is based in West Hills! So am I! And as you might expect, I've never heard of Hidden Beauty. There is a gated community called Hidden Hills around here somewhere, though of course it's hidden so I couldn't quite tell you where. It's kind of like the train platform to Hogworts.

Anyway, Romney was quoted as saying about Edwards that he pays $50 for a haircut, including tip - when you include bronzer treatments, this rounds up to $200 bucks, and that makes them about even. Maybe there aren't two Americas, after all. I can't wait to hear what Fred Thompson spends on makeup, though it's a safe bet his hair budget is pretty low. Guiliani, well, calculate by this:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wanna see Romney "disappear" a guy like Edwards did:

http://www-old.newsbusters.org/stories/abc_sleeping_man_john_edwards.html

Granted, it's off topic, but still cool to see the Silky Pony go all Criss Angel on a dude.

piker62 said...

Judging by the screen grabs, that guy wasn't sleeping. He clearly was already dead by the time the cameras were rolling.

Anonymous said...

So what you are saying is:

It's beeter to be dead than to listen to John Edwards?

Anonymous said...

I think I'll add this article to my favorites in best women's magazines.Don't you object?

piker62 said...

Yes, I don't object.