Thursday, September 25, 2008

It's Not The Economy, Stupid

Well, it looks like the ticking clock scenario of the bailout (investment!) is about to be solved as of this hour. That's a relief, because I worried the administration was going to have to abduct some economists and torture a solution out of them.

Still, McCain isn't backing down on his insistence that the Friday debate must be postponed, if the bills aren't all signed. I was joking earlier that he wants to postpone it indefinitely, but McCain actually is suggesting a date, which is Thursday, Oct. 2.

Let me check my calendar.

I don't have anything sched... oh wait, there is the Vice Presidential debate that night! Well, we could postpone THAT indefinitely I suppose. I wonder if this exchange with Katie Couric had anything to do with the strategy?

Palin: I can give you examples of things that John McCain has done, that has shown his foresight, his pragmatism, and his leadership abilities. And that is what America needs today.

Couric: I’m just going to ask you one more time - not to belabor the point. Specific examples in his 26 years of pushing for more regulation.

Palin: I’ll try to find you some and I’ll bring them to you.

I'd like to point out the implications of this move-the-VP-debate-further-down thing: they think that Sarah Palin will come out looking worse than JOE BIDEN. Also, if McCain doesn't show Friday and Obama does, they'd probably have to change the format - maybe make it more a town-hall style event.

You know why I keep pushing for Sarah Palin to do more interviews and appearances? I'm tired of doing all the heavy lifting.

(h/t to Wonkette)

No comments: