Monday, September 08, 2008

Sarah - Smile!

Why is the Barracuda, the pitbull with lipstick, waiting two weeks to talk to the press? I mean, how tough can she be if she won't even catch a few softballs from O'Reilly?

Yes, she's scheduled to weather the white-hot inquisition of ABC's far-left radical Charles Gibson later this week, but traditionally the VP appears on the Sunday talk shows the week of his/her announcement. Plus, McCain promised Larry King that he would have his pick the day after he announced.

Sarah Palin is AFRAID of LARRY KING!

(Granted so am I, but I have an irrational fear of suspenders.)

It seems plausible to me that as much as the base loves Palin, the RNC is concerned that the more the rest of us learn about her views, the less we'll like her. So they're coaching her in ways to say "I'm really really really to the right of most of you guys" while making it sound like "can't we all just get along?" It's the opposite of the problem that they have with McCain, who is a centrist but is positioning himself as a rightie, but a rightie who represents change from the current administration.

Presumably the congnitave dissonance of these messages will spook the average voter, but that could be me dreaming again. My dream candidate is a brainy wonk with not party affiliation whatsover, but that candidate would be eviscerated by all sides long before we got the booths. So I'm for Obama, who is said to be brainy and wonky.

No comments: