Wednesday, November 25, 2009

A Big Misunderstanding

I've often wondered how Republicans seem so enamored of Bush's foreign policy. Maybe some if it stems from this perception:

PERINO: They want to do all of their investigations. I don’t know. All of the thinking that goes into it. But we did not have a terrorist attack on our country during President Bush’s term. I hope they’re not looking at this politically. I do think we ought it (the Fort Hood shootings) to the American people to call it what it is.
Here's a way to solve this. Instead of urging people to "remember 9/11" let's urge them to remember 9/11/2001. Perhaps we can also urge people to remember the anthrax mailings that happened the following weeks too?

3 comments:

Publius said...

You don't honestly think Perino was saying 9/11 didn't happen during Bush's term, do you? It is patently obvious that she was saying that no OTHER terror attacks happened under Bush because his administration and policies stopped them.

piker62 said...

I'm not saying that's what she's saying; I'm saying that's literally what she said. I wonder if Fox has bothered to issue some kind of correction yet?

Honestly I don't know. No cable.

piker62 said...

And by the way, no other terrorist attacks except the Anthrax. It counts because it wasn't connected to 9/11.