Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

"Be a Valentine and get me a cup of coffee willya sweetheart?"

-(photo courtesy my old improv pal Barbara Duffy)

I have been known, in the past, to dread Valentine's Day more than any other holiday. And I'm a guy who has major isssues with Christmas, so that means something. This year, as it happens, I'm in love so it's going down pretty easy. I took the lovely LeAnne to a Stan Ridgway concert and dinner over the weekend, so the today will be a cakewalk for me. No pressure!

Still, this is a day of infamy for those with Social Anxiety Disorder, or those who are simply not in a relationship, or men. Love is one of the few things in our society that men aren't in charge of, and it freaks us out. As far as we're concerned if we could keep the whole love thing quiet we'd be a lot happier.

Still, we recognize the importance of love, and we even grudgingly approve of it. So women, be gentle with men today, and men spend a little extra at Godiva for the good stuff. You'll be glad you did.

No comments: