Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Robert De Niro Issues An Apology

So this happened - Newt (who?) Gingrich got mad at Robert DeNiro.

Newt Gingrich is incensed about a joke by actor Robert DeNiro at a fundraiser attended by Michelle Obama for the president’s re-election, in which the Academy Award-winning star used the word “white” to describe the Republican field’s spouses. “Callista Gingrich. Karen Santorum. Ann Romney. Now do you really think our country is ready for a white first lady?” DeNiro said. “Too soon, right?”
De Niro, whose advertisers have since all pulled out after he repeated the joke for three days in a row, said this:

"I regret using the word 'white' in my joke. It was a poor choice for the word, and I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make Mr. Gringrich all honkey about it, and I hope that together we can crack this problem, because Newt is a good cracker."


Mr. Gingrich, who is apparently running for president of the moon or something, is demanding an apology from the President for some reason as well. Though it has actually happened, I expect he'll keep on asking anyway.

No comments: