Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Fundraising Tools

Keep apologizing you guys - your opponents need money.

REP ROBIN DAVIS DENIES STATEMENT, APOLOGIZES FOR STATEMENT, THEN DENIES DENIAL

In a debate hosted by the local Independent Tribune Wednesday, Rep. Robin Hayes (R-N.C.) denied that he had ever denied saying that "liberals hate real Americans that work and accomplish and achieve and believe in God.” The new denial begins around the 5:33 mark in this clip.

In fact, Hayes spokeswoman, Amanda Little, on Hayes behalf, repeatedly and flatly denied to The Crypt -- on Monday evening and again throughout the day Tuesday -- that Hayes had said any such thing. She further denied the charge even after The Crypt told her that four sources had confirmed that he had said it. She accused The Crypt of "irresponsible journalism" for reporting the comments, which first appeared in the New York Observer.

Only when we turned up audio of his comments did he concede, saying that he "genuinely did not recall making the statement and, after reading it, there is no doubt that it came out completely the wrong way. I actually was trying to work to keep the crowd as respectful as possible, so this is definitely not what I intended."

At the debate, however, he said he was only denying the context. "One more time, I did not deny what I said but the context in which it was presented to us, Larry, was that I hated liberals. That is absolutely false and for you to say that it is shows a clear misunderstanding and a lack of a desire to find out what went on," he said.


MICHELLE BACHMAN MEESHELL PACKMAN SAYS SHE DIDN'T CALL OBAMA ANTI-AMERICAN; SHE JUST SAID HIS VIEWS ARE AGAINST AMERICA

Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) told the St. Cloud Times yesterday that she regretted suggesting that Barack Obama held “anti-American” views. But at the same time Bachmann was apologizing for her remarks to traditional media outlets, Bachmann continued to cast aspersions on Obama’s patriotism in a series of appearances on right-wing radio shows....

BACHMANN: And that’s why shows like the Today Show are banding together with Keith Olbermann and Chris Matthews to get my scalp on a platter. Keith Olbermann and Chris Matthews alone have raised $1 million for my opponent just since last Friday.
GALLAGHER: You’re kidding me.
BACHMANN: No no, over a million dollars in online contributions.
GALLAGHER: Wow.
BACHMANN: In that amount of time to take out my scalp. They’re serious about it. Because they can’t stand that I’m fighting them. And Nancy Pelosi also pledged to donate $1 million toward my opponent. So, $2 million have come in since Friday to make sure that I lose this election. That’s why I need. I’m desperate for help right now or else I lose.

(Just a note - Chris Matthews and Keith Olberman didn't raise any money exactly - they just aired Bachman's comment and her opponent with the unpronouncable German name suggested he could use some contributions. As for Nancy Pelosi, you go girl.

I also hear the GOP is pulling money out of that race and putting it somewhere a little more viable.)

1 comment:

Publius said...

He was right the first time.