Saturday, October 04, 2008

A Startling Palin Insight

Remember the debate Thursday night? Fairly early in the evening, Palin said this to Biden:

...And I may not answer the questions that either the moderator or you want to hear, but I'm going to talk straight to the American people and let them know my track record also.
It seemed kind of refreshing, an admission that there is very little actual debate in these things. But today in my Voice Acting class I got a hold of a script with the following notation:

Mild Southern accent, IF that's who you are. DO NOT READ THE ITALICIZED DESCRIPTIONS.

And that's when it hit me - Sarah thought she was delivering a talking point, but she was delivering the instructions instead! They've been drilling her, baby, drilling, for weeks now and it all sunk in, even the parts when they said, "And don't forget, you don't have to answer the questions they ask you. And for God's sake, don't talk to Biden or Ifill. Talk straight to the American people. And let them know your track record!" I'm not saying she is too stupid to know the difference, I'm saying it slipped out under pressure. 

I bet they also told her to go ahead and flirt with the camera a little.


No comments: