Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Dried-Up Old Skank Helen Thomas Accused of Insensitivity


Ah, the wildfire of Internet discourse. Around noon EST, Christina Bellantoni of the ultra-respected Washington Times twittered:

Bobby Jindal was 'pitiful,' Helen Thomas tells film crew, right before making a 'Slumdog Millionaire' crack
Man, did it catch on.

FireAndreaMitchell.com headlined "The old witch Helen Thomas makes a ‘Slumdog Millionaire’ crack.” regarding Bobby Jindal"

Michelle Malkin's COMMENTERS (not Malkin herself): "So, did anyone in the room try pouring water on her?" "That is one ugly, ugly…woman?" "Someone needs to tell that skank to retire."

Further references to Ursula from the Little Mermaid and Ms. Thomas's advanced age can be found in other comment sections.

In any event, by the late afternoon when there was no confirmation of the quote, even by Bellantoni. "In re: lots of Thomas questions - I overheard taping by a film crew fr Barcelona, & didn't get exact quote and don't know when taping, sorry" So even Allahpundit is saying it probably didn't happen. So considering how many people used the alleged remark as a gleeful jumpin' off point for their own hateful comments, can we even say that Helen Thomas is the problem?

4 comments:

Publius said...

Yes, she is very ugly. But that concerns me far less than the ugliness of her soul. Inside, she is one of the ugliest people I've ever seen.

piker62 said...

Uglier than all the people making fun of her "crack?" Uglier than the ones mocking her for her age? I'm inclined to disagree.

Publius said...

I love how you set up a premise that was never said, then refute as if you have done a good thing.

I did not say a word about the people talking about "her crack." In fact, I know nothing of these "people" you are talking about.

Neither did I approve of their rhetoric.

So, since I never said anything about these people and their "crack" comments, nor make any parallels or comparisons between the "crack" talkers and Thomas' soul you have NOTHING with me that might "incline" you to disagree.

piker62 said...

My point (and I do have one) is why bring up her appearance in the first place? I'm sure you'd agree that wasn't necessary to make your point about the alleged ugliness of her soul.

The whole post is premised on people using Thomas's supposed remark about Jindal's ethnicity as an excuse to engage in the worst kind of childish snark, and then not even having that excuse because apparently Thomas did nothing of the kind.