Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Not Every Vice President Can Invent The Internet

Joe Biden is taking a little heat for a remark he made on the Early Show yesterday.

"You know, I'm embarrassed. Do you know the Web site number?" he asked an aide standing out of view. "I should have it in front of me and I don't. I'm actually embarrassed."

Biden, who seemed to indicate that he thought the Internet worked like a giant telephone, sounded an unusually Luddite note inside an administration often heralded for its mastery of the Web.
Well, I could note that all website addresses are also numbers: 192.168.xxx.xxx, but let's face it, nobody uses those. We use names, like recovery.com, for example. So Joe Biden is a luddite. Unlike Ted Stevens, at least he isn't a luddite IN CHARGE of the internet, but it's still pretty embarassing.

I'm guessing he has people who do his googling for him, so it ain't no crisis people.

1 comment:

Publius said...

Joe Biden is a stupid, stupid man.