Friday, February 06, 2009

Quote of the Week

"I really don’t understand how bipartisanship is ever going to work when one of the parties is insane. Imagine trying to negotiate an agreement on dinner plans with your date, and you suggest Italian and she states her preference would be a meal of tire rims and anthrax. If you can figure out a way to split the difference there and find a meal you will both enjoy, you can probably figure out how bipartisanship is going to work the next few years."

- John Cole (and the great thing about this quote is, it applies from either side)

6 comments:

Publius said...

I see. So, now Piker imagines that ANY dissent is "insanity"?

Interesting.

piker62 said...

What I like about this is more the tasty metaphor; but honestly can you say that you don't?

Publius said...

No, I don't think that just any dissent is "insane." Some disagreements might result in a certain pathology, mind you, but I don't think Democrats are "insane." They are wrong, dangerous... even anti-American in some/many cases... but theirs is a perfectly sane, calculated impression of the world. It's still wrong, but it isn't "insane."

piker62 said...

Well, I don't think you guys are literally insane either, or I'd have stopped talking to you. Much like I stopped talking to my ex-wife.

Actually she's not insane either, but she keeps hurling insults at me.

Publius said...

...she told me to tell you that you suck, by the way.

I stopped talking to my ex-wife for about 3 years. Then we started talking again. Then she stopped being my ex-wife. Well, maybe not stopped being my ex-wife because she still is my ex-wife, but she is my second wife too. So, she is my first wife, my ex-wife and my second wife all at the same time.

I need a nap.

piker62 said...

Tell me about it dude. I'm my own granpaw.